Length of Course: 8 hours
Certification: Green Seal Certified Safety Courses
Valid: 3 years
Legislation states that if any worker has the possibility of falling a distance of 10 feet (3m) or more, or if a fall of less than 10 feet involves a risk greater than from the impact on a flat surface, there must be fall protection provided at the location by the employer.
Further, legislation stipulates that anywhere fall protection is provided, it is the workers' obligation to use the fall protection provided.
This course will teach the student not only the theory but will provide the practical experience in utilizing fall protection equipment.
- Upon completion of the course the student will have an understanding of how falls occur
- Understand due diligence legislation
- Have knowledge of fall protection equipment
- Have knowledge of ways to prevent falls
- How to implement a fall protection/rescue plan
- Understand fall protection systems
- Understand suspension trauma syndrome
- Have the knowledge of applicable legislation
At the end of the theory section, there will be a written exam and a practical portion where students knowledge will be tested by putting on and properly adjusting a full body harness.